The Citizens Oversight Committee (COC) was established as part of the 2007 Measure C bond to pay for facility improvements within the Tahoe Forest Hospital District. As part of Measure C, the Tahoe Forest Hospital District Board established an independent citizens oversight committee to ensure bond proceeds are expended only for the projects authorized by the ballot measure.
The duties of the Committee to carry out its stated purpose are as follows:
- Inform the public concerning the District’s expenditure of the Bond proceeds of Measure C.
- Review quarterly expenditure reports produced by the District to ensure that Bond proceeds are expended only for the purposes set forth in Bond Measure C; and ensure that no Bond proceeds are used for salaries or other operating expenses.
- The committee shall present to the Tahoe Forest Hospital District Board in public session, an annual written report which shall contain the following:
- A statement indicating whether the District is in compliance with the letter and intent of Measure C; and
- A summary of the Committee’s proceedings and activities for the preceding year.
In furtherance of its purpose, the Committee may engage in any of the following activities:
- Receiving and reviewing copies of the annual independent audit which will be performed on Measure C revenues;
- Inspecting hospital facilities, ground and construction projects to ensure that bond revenues are expended in compliance with the requirements of Measure C; and
- Receiving and reviewing copies of any plans developed by the District.